Ventisquero Reserva Carmenere 2011 – $12.99
Winemaker’s Notes: “This Reserva Carménère is cherry-red in colour with hints of garnet. Intense aromas of very ripe blueberries, black and red currants, strawberries and cherries harmonize perfectly with touches of cocoa, tobacco and elegant oak. The palate is rich and well-balanced, with lush, generous tannins that highlight the clean finish.”
Kim’s Notes: “Amen, Winemaker, A to the men!”
Things I want to do with this wine:
1. Literally bathe in it with a loofah sponge made from Parmigiano-Reggiano.
2. Roll it up and smoke it while listening to the sounds of the Asian Whale mating song. (Even I’m not sure what I mean by that. Must be the flavors of tobacco talking.)
3. Bring it home to meet my parents, then scream “I don’t care what you think, I love him!” when they don’t approve.
4. Walk hand in bottleneck along the boardwalk, stopping to take silly pictures of us in one of those black & white photo-booths.
5. Watch “The Notebook” together and imagine what we’ll be like as a couple in 40 years, then remember that he’ll be gone in 40 more minutes.
6. Invite him and his identical twin brother over to my house. I’d pop their corks and drink them both…at the same time! I know, I’m a naughty naughty girl.
Honestly, those tasting notes are right on the money so there’s no need for me to elaborate. Besides, I’m too busy drinking. Just trust me, I thoroughly enjoyed this wine and you will too!